Friday 24 October 2014

Open letter!

Dear Luck,



Could you please get a little better? Since I have moved from Hare Bay, my luck hasn't been the best. So far I locked my keys in my car.. twice, almost got into an accident, which by the way wasn't my fault at all and failed my very first math test. If you were in that class you should all know it wasn't just one person.

Here's the story about how I locked my keys in my car for the second time. It's kind of embarrassing, but here it is. I should start off by saying I only had for hours of sleep and yes this is my excuse. As I approached my car, I noticed there was dew on the windows, normally i would reach over from the drivers side tot he passengers side rolling down the window. To get the dew ff, I didn't have much time to get to school. This particular morning I thought I was going to be "smart" about it, sitting in the passengers side, starting my car, rolling my window down and back up. This was all fine. I locked the door and got out making my way to the drivers side. When I was about to open the door i realized what I had just done. My key was in the ignition, car started and and my apartment keys on the key chain. So then was I not only locked out of my car, but my apartment too.

Since I am originally from a small town, driving in St.Johns can get a little frustrating, as well as nerve wrecking. I have had an experience that really gave me quite the scare. I was driving down the road when I noticed a car pull out in front of me trying to turn left a little ways up, they just stopped. I slowed down, as you would and they backed up, so I continued. When I got closer, the car pulled out again, this time I never even had time to lift my foot off the gas pedal, so I swerved around them. I never had time to see if anything was next to me. Thank God there wasn't. If my reflexes didn't kick in I would have slammed right into that car.

This brings me to the lovely math exam. I studied, got a tutor and had my friends help me with it. I thought I was prepared. In my high school, we only had a small math class consisting of ten students, including myself. Coming to university has been an overwhelming change, the classes are enormous, so its harder to pay attention and you also get information just thrown at you. So I get to the exam room, thinking I was going to be fine, but when i started writing I was thinking to myself, "How the hell do I do this?". I looked up at the time and I only had twenty minutes left with almost half the test left to do. When I got to the last question I heard my professor say, "time's up!". Then I thought "Uh oh, this doesn't look good". I knew then and there that I had failed, sure enough I did. The first time I failed and it felt horrible.

Sincerely,

                                                                                                                                     Brooke A.T. Cross


No comments:

Post a Comment