Monday 3 November 2014

Quotations.

"Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody." -Stephen Chbosky 

This particular quote came from 2007 award winning Stephen Chbosky. I personally like this quote because it somehow shapes how I am today from this day forward. This fall, I have been in a situation that caused the biggest change in my life, I graduated high school in June from a small town, moved away leaving everything behind. I left my family, my friends and even my teachers to try to become something successful. I wish that I could go back in time when I was living care free with all my family and friends around me, but it's just not that easy. As Chbosky said, things change, friends leave and life doesn't stop for anyone.
                                         

"Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together." -Woodrow T. Wilson

Woodrow T. Wilson was the twenty eighth president of the United States. Wilson never started to read until the age of ten, he believed to have a reading disability known as dyslexia. From my personal point of view, this quote interests me tremendously because friendship is so important. If it wasn't for your friends who would be there to stand up for you, who would be there to make you laugh when your feeling down or who would be there when you just need someone to talk to. Well some people may say my family, but for me it's my best friend. If it wasn't for my best friend I would feel lost all the time. If I needed advice I would ask her, she would be there for me no matter the situation. Whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on or even when I just needed someone to listen she would be there. 
 
         


"As you go through life, you've got to see the valleys as well as the peaks."-Neil Young

Neil Young is a Canadian singer song-writer and musician who released his first album in 1968. Young had been diagnosed with epilepsy and has supported benefit concerts for bridge school for verbal and physical disabilities. This quote caught my attention because it is very true what is being said here. Young is saying that life has its ups and its downs, which he is comparing the valleys and peaks too. You may be ready to give up, let it all go, but just remember that you have to have these moments of feeling down so that you can learn how to make good and bad decisions. Your decision effects your life which may cause you to see the valleys as well as the peaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment